Where Innovators Propel Each Other
Are you a member of our Propelify Insiders Facebook Group? If you haven’t joined yet, you should….if you HAVE and haven’t been active lately–JOIN IN! We want to help you propel!
To help folks feel more clear and comfortable posting and sharing in the group, we created this Insider Guide. Some people call them rules. We prefer *guidelines*.
Check out these swanky images and a video of Aaron Price (CEO) and Dillan DiGiovanni (Community Manager) introducing the new guidelines. We hope this makes the process of settling in and sharing in the group easier! Let me know if they don’t.
Why get involved: your time is valuable, here’s why you’d want to join us and what you can get from membership.
What to post: think you have something great to share? Run it past our list of what we’re looking for and want value it provides other members.
Spam Guidelines / Do Not Promote: here’s what doesn’t work. Made simple and clear!
Culture: it IS possible to create a positive, inspiring community on FB. Propelify Insiders are proof!
About Us: who the heck is in here? US! And YOU!
Propelify Insiders is a community of innovators who help propel others (and themselves). We’re a diverse community of people from many different identities, cultures, and beliefs. We’ve spent time thinking about the different points of view that create a safe and open environment for everyone.
As a member of Propelify Insiders, please agree to these guidelines. We’re committed to these guidelines and we hope you are too. Ignoring or overstepping these boundaries may result in deleted content or other restrictions including removal from our group.
Our Propelify Insiders Community thrives from ideas and input from our members. Please email/contact Dillan DiGiovanni, Community Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, comments or suggestions to our Community Guidelines.
Offers to help
Requests for help
Shout-outs of other members, including articles they wrote
Job Offers / Service Provider Recommendations
Special news/offers JUST for Insiders (ex: discounted/early/free/exclusive access)
DO NOT share:
Specials that aren’t really special
An article you wrote (but we might be open to these on The Dispatch so get it touch)
Promotion of an event without a special INSIDER bonus
Promotion of your company without a special INSIDER bonus/deal that has no strings attached (no purchase necessary)
Post photos and videos that are appropriate for a diverse audience.
Foster meaningful and genuine interactions, respecting all opinions and perspectives. Respectful debate welcome.
Respect other members of the Propelify community in and out of the group.
We want to foster a positive, diverse community. We remove content that contains credible threats or hate speech, content that targets private individuals to degrade or shame them, personal information meant to blackmail or harass someone, and repeated unwanted messages. We do generally allow stronger conversation around topics or people who are featured in the news or have a large public audience due to their profession or chosen activities relevant to our purpose as a group.
Be thoughtful when posting “newsworthy” events.
We understand that many people use social media to share important and newsworthy events. Some of these issues can involve graphic images. Because so many different people are in our group, we ask that you strongly consider the benefit of sharing for the good of all members.
HELP US MAINTAIN OUR COMMUNITY:
The Propelify Insiders Community is committed to fostering meaningful, genuine and supportive interactions and relationships. We are also committed to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form in any of our spaces including the Facebook group, social media and in-person events.
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, and employment (or self-employment)
- Deliberate misgendering or use of ‘dead’ or rejected names Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behaviour in spaces where they’re not appropriate
- Physical contact and simulated physical contact (eg, textual descriptions like “hug” or “backrub”) without consent or after a request to stop
- Threats of violence
- Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm
- Deliberate intimidation
- Stalking or following
- Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes
- Sustained disruption of discussion
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Pattern of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease
- Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent except as necessary to protect other GF members or other vulnerable people from intentional abuse
- Publication of non-harassing private communication
HOW TO BE THE CHANGE:
If you see or experience something that you think may violate our Community Guidelines, please help us by contacting me Dillan DiGiovanni, Community Ambassador, at email@example.com or via direct message on Facebook. Share what you saw or experienced with as much information as possible such as the group member and post/content in question with a suggestion of how to help.
Thank you for helping us create and sustain an innovative, welcoming and inspiring community!
The Propelify Team